- vSphere Integration for easily move between desktop, data center and cloud.
- RestAPI for VM Automation
- High-Performance 3D Graphics
- Virtual Networking
- Clones for duplication
- Creating multiple Snapshots of VMs
1. Internet access to download the packages
2. root or sudo access
3. License key
4. 64-bit x86 Intel or AMD Processor from 2011 or later
5. 1.3GHz or faster core speed
6. 2GB RAM minimum/4GB RAM recommended
7. 1.2 GB of available disk space for the application
8. Additional hard disk space required for each virtual machine.
Let’s Start the Installation Steps.
$ sudo chmod 755 VMware-Workstation-Full-15.5.1-15018445.x86_64.bundle
3. Update your system before installation
$ sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
4. Installation of VMware Workstation 15 Pro
Run the downloaded installer script as below.
$ sudo ./VMware-Workstation-Full-15.5.1-15018445.x86_64.bundle
Sample Output of above installation command
5. Start vmware from console
This will open VMware Workstation End user License Agreement page. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and Enter for Next.
6. Customize the installation.
Select No to check for product updates on startup
7. VMware’s Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
Select No for now, You may join later or leave at anytime.
8. Enter user to connect to Workstation
9. Choose directory for shared Virtual Machines
10. Enter port https access to Workstation server.
11. Enter License key or try VMware Workstation for 15 or 30 days (Trialware). Enter root or sudo access password.
12. VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro screen
You can create the Virtual Machines Click on Create New Virtual Machine Tab.
13. VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro screen
14. Uninstall or remove VMware Workstation from your Linux system
$ sudo vmware-installer -u vmware-workstation
In this tutorial, we have seen VMware Workstation Pro 15 installation on Ubuntu or Linux Mint
. Big thanks for reading all the way to the end. Please share it with Your Friends & Help Someone… and also Like Our Facebook Page
. Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below!