We interact with Database through Web-based or Command-line to perform administrator tasks in everyday life. We are aware of phpMyAdmin and phpPgadmin. However, Adminer in a single PHP file is yet another web-based advanced database management tool for Linux. It is a full featured web-based database management tool written in PHP for MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL, Oracle, MongoDB. Adminer is the handy database web interface If your are looking for alternative to phpMyAdmin, We will walk you through the installation and usage of Adminer on Linux. In this post, we are going to see the simple installation steps of Adminer.
- Supports Multi-language.
- Supports various database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB and more…
- Export table structure, data, views, routines, databases to SQL or CSV
- Add, remove and modify databases and tables.
- Run SQL queries from a text file.
- Show processes and kill them.
- Show users and rights and change them
- Extend the functionality using plugins.
- Print database schema connected by foreign keys
- Connect to a database server with username and password
- Select an existing database or create a new one
- List fields, indexes, foreign keys and triggers of table
- Change name, engine, collation, auto_increment and comment of table
- Alter name, type, collation, comment and default values of columns
- Add and drop tables and columns
- List data in tables with search, aggregate, sort and limit results
- Insert new records, update and delete the existing ones
- Supports all data types, blobs through file transfer
- Execute any SQL command from a text field or a file
Also Read: LAMP Installation on CentOS and RHEL8/7
Also Read: MySQL installation in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS
- Database installed instance
- Apache Web Server
- Internet access to download package
- root or sudo access
- Supports PHP 5 and 7 with enabled sessions
Download Adminer from Official Website
You can also download alternate way using below command.
$ sudo wget “http://www.adminer.org/latest.php” -O /var/www/html/adminer.php
Copy ‘adminer.php’ file into DocumentRoot of your web server.
$ sudo cp -r adminer.php /var/www/html
Restart Apache Web Server
$ systemctl restart httpd.service
$ systemctl restart apache2
Finally, open and point to your browser at ‘adminer.php’ file.
Enter username and password of your database to login
Post Login Screen
Creating table ‘Distro’
Conclusion: In this article, we have seen Simple Steps to install Adminer Web-based Database administration tool and it usage . Please share it with others and use comment box below to raise a query if any. Also Like us Our Facebook Official Page.